Why Your Hospital Needs a Healthcare App?
Healthcare services are in high demand at all times. And today health has even turned into a real trend which leads to the medical area becoming highly competitive. That’s why every clinic willing to succeed should go with the tides and fully meet the latest clients’ expectations. This implies, among other things, mastering innovative mobile technology.
Yes, all modern hospitals and medical companies need their healthcare apps. And if you’re not among pacesetters, it’s high time you ordered hospital mobile app development.
In our article, we’ll do our best to ground the view more firmly. You’ll learn the main details on the issue, including the latest mobility trends in the healthcare industry and main medical apps benefits.
So, why should your clinic have its own custom hospital app? find out:
More Loyal Customers
A hospital app helps reduce the costs of retaining clients and positively affects customer loyalty. Undoubtedly, people are going to choose those clinics where they can get all the necessary information. For example: making an appointment at the doctor or see the results of the tests anywhere and anytime.
A Productive Management System
Of course, the task of hospitals and medical institutions of any type is to treat patients, but internal organizational processes cannot be avoided anyway. And an inefficient management system often leads to a lower level of services provided. Fortunately, the problem may easily be solved by developing a hospital app. Its effectiveness is due to the fact that hospital management mobile apps allow setting clearer missions and monitoring their successful implementation really quickly.
Convenient Payment System
Another important reason to build hospital apps is payment system optimization. It is beneficial to all parties of the process: you (as the owner of the healthcare organization), doctors, patients.
If you want not only to earn but also maintain a good reputation, you’ll have to make some efforts. In particular, it is necessary to regularly “work on the mistakes”. A mobile health app allows you to collect patient feedback and analyze user behavior. Having gotten such information, you can see your flaws and correct them in time.
Profitable Financial Investment
Of course, healthcare app development cannot be classed among the cheap services, but this is the very case when the game is worth the candle. Such a financial investment will pay off a hundredfold and bring an additional influx of grateful clients, satisfied with the high level of your medical services.
Nowadays it is clear to everyone why hospitals need to have mobile apps. Online services help in getting customer’s loyalty. They are a great tool to improve healthcare efficiency. Overall, mobile apps serve as a great management system.
Speaking on must-have features I would distinguish the following ones.
Medical records of patients
Mobile service is a great means to deal with the medical records of a particular patient. Having such functionality healthcare apps become so handy for both doctors and patients.
Results of tests
It is so handy to store all test results on a specific patient in one place. It is easy to keep data safe and to search for it whenever you need it.
It is a great idea to provide people with the possibility to book an appointment with their doctors. Your patients will appreciate that they don’t have to wait in long lines. And users can book it any time, even at night. Sounds tempting, right?
List of doctors
That should be a kind of default feature for the hospital mobile app to provide patients with all important information on specialists in a particular medical establishment – doctors’ names, working hours, their regalia, and experience. That would make sense if people could see the time available to book an appointment with a doctor they need to see.
Hospitals should take the example of customer-oriented organizations where the feedback of people helps in improving the service. Patients will be happy to know that their opinion matters. Such functionality will help hospitals see how patients evaluate service quality or doctors’ expertise.
Healthcare establishments shall not be afraid of negative comments. It is better to see them as another tool to figure out some weak points of the system to improve them.
Medicines records and Calculation
Such a feature will be happily appreciated. The possibility to perform any kind of calculations automatically will save their time a lot. A great example would be when you need to calculate supplies writing-off.
In case you have some doubts about automatic calculations, you could add the possibility for manual calculations. When applied to medicines tracking, such technology could advise on how long those drugs would last and how soon you need to replenish your stocks. Don’t you agree that such an approach shall optimize greatly purchasing and storing processes?
It is so obvious now. There are many more practical features for hospital mobile apps. You can easily choose from that variety those functionalities which fit your service more. Supplying your own platform with such excellent features will definitely make your program useful and popular.
Hospital or Healthcare App Advantage
The app advantage in terms of patient satisfaction is more than just health information access anywhere, anytime, says Ms. Reed. She says it gives health systems a place to start on the journey to bring patients into health systems and provide them with tools to improve and monitor their own health. Here’s why Atlantic Health System loves its new mobile app:
1. It helps patients engage with their health. While physicians may not always be able to use self-reported data patients input into health apps, the important thing is that patients are engaged enough with their care to bring something like self-recorded health data to an appointment. At the very least, this kind of capability, provided by the mobile app, allows physicians and patients to reframe the way patients manage their health and the way physicians provide health recommendations.
2. It increases information accessibility. Atlantic Health System’s app has a function called “health-tracker” allowing patients to keep track of weight, blood pressure, and medication lists and enter the data into a personalized database. In addition to saving this information for review with a physician at a future appointment, patients can go into their electronic health records and review their health history if the need arises.
3. It’s convenient. Where do people try to access care? It might not always be at home.
“Being mobile makes care accessible,” says Ms. Reed. “When do people try to find care? It might be, for example, while mom is driving in the car. If we [Atlantic Health System] stay stuck in a PC world, care is not as convenient. We’re looking to facilitate ease of access.” Another aspect of a mobile app’s convenience, says Ms. Reed, is that it gathers all of a patient’s health information in one place, giving him or her the full picture of healthcare received, repairing the fragmentation of information so often perpetuated by healthcare organizations. It eliminates the need to wait for information from different departments when all of the information is in one place.
4. It sets the brand apart from the competition. When Atlantic Health System started building a mobile app, the first question the outreach team asked was “Who is Atlantic Health System?” The health system answered this question by building the app to be intuitive and to offer the most important information a patient might need upfront. The added accessibility and transparency allow Atlantic Health System to put all of its cards on the table where patients are concerned, which it sees as a unique feature of its brand.
5. It’s transforming the way care is delivered. “Ten years ago we saw the evolution of the hospital website,” says Ms. Reed. “Now we’re seeing the mobilization of that website as the next advance inaccessibility.” She suggests hospitals start the mobilization process right away. “Start with your current website, then announce who you are, what’s important to you and what your delivery environment looks like,” she says. Patients are not the only ones taking advantage of mobile records and monitoring. Some researchers are capitalizing on the ubiquity of mobile devices and outsourcing data collection for things like sleep studies, says Ms. Reed. She suspects that such practices will become widespread if mobile monitoring and data entry becomes entirely automated, with data uploading on a schedule to the cloud. Either way, she says, going mobile covers many bases at once.
Wrapping the Discussion
The healthcare apps have become the need of the hour because it has simplified the lives of the people to large extent. The complex tasks can be executed with ease and difficult decisions have become straightforward.
You get a myriad of features with a plethora of options under each section. You just need to tap at the right place to get the exact piece of information. All are benefited: the patients, the doctors, the medical staff, and the hospital administrators, etc., and also reduced the cost of treatment and enhanced the brand value of the business.
Pletra Technology is one of the leading Mobile Apps Development with experience and expertise to translate your ideas into futuristic apps and immersive mobile experiences.
Our experts can help clients leverage the mobile application platform effectively to innovate and create value from customer operations. We can help you to successfully implement the Mobile Application for Healthcare Sector.